Why camunda dashboard loading time too high?

Camunda dashboard loading taking too much time. Currently, there are 11000 instances. For 11000 instances is it taking too much? Is there way to increase the loading time?

Are you running the latest Camunda version?
Can you identify any long running HTTP requests and SQL queries that slow the loading of the dashboard down? If yes, can you please further analyze why those requests are slow (e.g. by looking at query plans)?

@thorben i am using camunda 7.3 and camunda cockpit dashboard which are loading from camunda services.

Then try 7.8 please.

Thanks, will try but is it possible to migrate from 7.3 to 7.8.

Should be alright, although this is quite a big leap. Just follow the migration guides here: https://docs.camunda.org/manual/7.8/update/minor/

Thanks for info. I have mostly upgraded to 7.8 but while deleting the process instance not happening. I am getting following error.

Caused by: org.camunda.bpm.engine.ProcessEngineException: ENGINE-03051 There was an exception while invoking the TaskListener. Message: ‘Cannot switch to process application ‘approval1’ for execution: ENGINE-07011 Process Application ‘approval1’ unavailable’
at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.db.EnginePersistenceLogger.invokeTaskListenerException(EnginePersistenceLogger.java:443)
at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.persistence.entity.TaskEntity.fireEvent(TaskEntity.java:949)
at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.persistence.entity.TaskEntity.complete(TaskEntity.java:299)
at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.cmd.CompleteTaskCmd.completeTask(CompleteTaskCmd.java:61)
at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.cmd.CompleteTaskCmd.execute(CompleteTaskCmd.java:55)
at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.cmd.CompleteTaskCmd.execute(CompleteTaskCmd.java:30)
at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.interceptor.CommandExecutorImpl.execute(CommandExecutorImpl.java:24)
at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.interceptor.CommandContextInterceptor.execute(CommandContextInterceptor.java:104)
at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.interceptor.ProcessApplicationContextInterceptor.execute(ProcessApplicationContextInterceptor.java:66)
at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.interceptor.LogInterceptor.execute(LogInterceptor.java:30)
at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.TaskServiceImpl.complete(TaskServiceImpl.java:173)
at org.camunda.bpm.engine.rest.sub.task.impl.TaskResourceImpl.complete(TaskResourceImpl.java:96)
… 40 more
Caused by: org.camunda.bpm.engine.ProcessEngineException: Cannot switch to process application ‘loan-approval1’ for execution: ENGINE-07011 Process Application ‘loan-approval1’ unavailable
at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.context.Context.executeWithinProcessApplication(Context.java:209)
at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.delegate.DefaultDelegateInterceptor.handleInvocation(DefaultDelegateInterceptor.java:50)
at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.persistence.entity.TaskEntity.fireEvent(TaskEntity.java:945)
… 50 more
Caused by: org.camunda.bpm.application.ProcessApplicationUnavailableException: ENGINE-07011 Process Application ‘loan-approval1’ unavailable
at org.camunda.bpm.application.impl.ProcessApplicationLogger.processApplicationUnavailableException(ProcessApplicationLogger.java:113)
at org.camunda.bpm.application.impl.ProcessApplicationReferenceImpl.getProcessApplication(ProcessApplicationReferenceImpl.java:61)
at org.camunda.bpm.application.impl.ProcessApplicationReferenceImpl.getProcessApplication(ProcessApplicationReferenceImpl.java:40)
at org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.context.Context.executeWithinProcessApplication(Context.java:185)
… 52 more

1 Like

Any updates? I’m seeing the same error after deploying my .war file (worked fine on 7.3) to 7.8.

For me issue occurred two log4j jar files available. So i have removed the old jar files and now its working fine.