Unable to add new users through Admin console

Hi,

I am using the spring boot integration of camunda with version 7.12.0-alpha.

When I log in as the camunda bpm admin-user created through spring and navigate to the Admin > User section of the cockpit application I cannot see a button to add a new user?

The account I log in with is the default admin account setup by spring boot via the application.yml:
2020-12-17 14:53:54.725 INFO 6526 — [ main] org.camunda.bpm.spring.boot : STARTER-SB010 creating initial Admin User: AdminUserProperty[id=admin, firstName=Admin, lastName=Admin, email=admin@localhost, password=******]

The password has over 10 characters, a digit and a special character so it conforms to the password policies and is in the camunda-admin, camunda BPM administrators group which has permissions ALL on Resource ID *

How come I cannot add any additional users?

Does anyone have any help they can provide?

If you don’t see the following - what exactly do you see?

Hi Niall,

Thanks for looking into this.

This is what I see. I am unable to see the admin options to create new users.

Have you given your user the required permissions and authorizations?

I believe so, I could be missing something, here are the permissions and auths etc I have to split across multiple replies:

Camunda Admin group named '“camunda BPM Administrators”

Camunda admin groups users:

Camunda admin groups authorities:

Why do you use 7.12.0-alpha1 instead of the final release (or the latest 7.14.0)? This may easily be a bug in the alpha that doesn’t exist in non-alpha versions.

It’s what we currently have in our build. Are there any issues with me moving to 7.14.0 or higher with active processes running etc. If I redeploy are there any backwards compatibility issues or breaking changes?

Make sure to follow the update guide: https://docs.camunda.org/manual/7.14/update/minor/. It also documents all changes that can impact a migration. And as always, try to test the update before you do it on a production system (and also test if this actually fixes your problem).

Thank you Thorben I’ll go through and test locally. I’ll update you once completed.