Time start Event multiple schedule

Hi,

I am trying to set up a flow to send out an email on different days and different time schedules. I have created a timer start event and chose the Timer Definition as Cycle and in the Time duration i have two cron schedules separated by a ‘,’. One to run at Tuesday at 5pm and one to run on Wednesday at 9am. 0 0 17 ? * TUE *, 0 0 9 ? * WED *.

In this case i see that an email notification went out on Tuesday at 5 pm, but i did not see anything for Wednesday at 9am.

What is the best way to implement this scenario in the Camunda modeler?

Hi @vasuk
I’m not sure if it’s the best way but the first thing that comes as an idea is to use two Timer Start Events.
example

Hi @Alex_Voloshyn,

I tried this set up with two start time events as you suggested. One with 0 0 17 ? * MON and the other with 0 0 9 ? * TUE. However when i try to deploy this model i get the following error:

ENGINE-09005 Could not parse BPMN process. Errors:

• multiple none start events or timer start events not supported on process definition

Sorry. My bad. I had to think about it more before suggesting.

Hi @vasuk
What if you try to design it in the following way and utilize Call Activity?

Hi @Alex_Voloshyn ,

Thanks. I happened to execute the same and it works for the scenario i have. Thanks for providing details on this.

Hi Alex,

Are these all 3 calls in single bpmn file? I am new to Camunda and trying to integrate Camunda workflow in a spring 3.0 application. Currently I am simply calling a “KeepAlive” REST GET endpoint and it is working. I want to schedule it for Auto-Run at different times. Can we have a Timer without a typical “StartEvent”??

In my process, I basically want to replace the “StartEvent” with a Timer Start.