Time for doing some task

Is it correct? Task1 should be accepted in some time. But it may happen that task1 have to be prepared once again. After rejecting Task1 token goes to parallel gateway and waits until corrected Task1 arrives to increase time.

diagram_1.bpmn (8.7 KB)

Hi @Testuar,

Can you please explain your process in more detail… especially the requirement related to time.

What is the purpose of using exclusive gateway?
What is the purpose of using parallel gateways this way?

All the complexity is because of the time.
Task1 is send activity – e.g. sending a proposal of agreement. The contracting party can sign the agreement (Accept task1), but only in given time (Time for response). If an error is found in the agreement the contracting party indicates this errors (Reject propose). Duration between receiving information about errors and resending the new agreement should be added to the time for response. With the parallel gateways I wanted to show the increasing of time.

Hi @Testuar,

I believe you can remove both parallel gateways, connect “Reject Propose” directly to “Prepare Task 1” and connect exclusive gateway directly to “Increase Time” task.

1 Like

I assumed that exclusive gateway is there to distinguish first send from subsequent sends due to rejection.

Well, yes and no. It’s there to add some time. It’s important to show that the time increases due to rejection. But in my first model ‘increase time’ was connected to Task1 without exclusive gateway.

Hi @Testuar,

But still prallel gateways can be removed as explained in my previous post.