This site is not reachable

Hi,

I am new to this forum. Thank you for your welcome. I have downloaded camunda community edition. I have started the server. When I click on start_camunda.bat I get a windows saying :
"Neither the JAVA_HOME nor the JRE_HOME environment variable is defined
At least one of these environment variable is needed to run this program."

I have run this :

java -version
java version “1.8.0_191”
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_191-b12)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.191-b12, mixed mode)

How to define these variables ?
Thank you.

For windows:
Go to Control Panel ==> System and Security ==> System ==> Advanced System Properties ==> Environment Variables ==> User variables ==> New

Popup will open, then:

Key: JAVA_HOME
Value:C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_71 ==> Put your jdk path

2 Likes

Hi
I have set the variable to “C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-11.0.1”. When I run startup.bat i get these messages.
C:\Program Files\camunda-bpm-tomcat-7.9.0\server\apache-tomcat-9.0.5\bin>startup.bat
Using CATALINA_BASE: “C:\Program Files\camunda-bpm-tomcat-7.9.0\server\apache-tomcat-9.0.5”
Using CATALINA_HOME: “C:\Program Files\camunda-bpm-tomcat-7.9.0\server\apache-tomcat-9.0.5”
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: “C:\Program Files\camunda-bpm-tomcat-7.9.0\server\apache-tomcat-9.0.5\temp”
Using JRE_HOME: “C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_191”
Using CLASSPATH: “C:\Program Files\camunda-bpm-tomcat-7.9.0\server\apache-tomcat-9.0.5\bin\bootstrap.jar;C:\Program Fil
es\camunda-bpm-tomcat-7.9.0\server\apache-tomcat-9.0.5\bin\tomcat-juli.jar”
C:\Program Files\camunda-bpm-tomcat-7.9.0\server\apache-tomcat-9.0.5\bin>

The browser to the adress http://localhost:8080/camunda-welcome/index.html indicates “This site is not reachable”.

Thank you for your suggestions.
Regards.

Hi,

camunda 7.9 does not support Java 11 (see https://docs.camunda.org/manual/7.9/introduction/supported-environments/#java). Camunda 7.10 will.

Cheers,
Thorben

Hi,

I don’t understand very well. When I type java -version I get the following information

S:>java -version
java version “1.8.0_191”
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_191-b12)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.191-b12, mixed mode)

I understand that I am using Java SE 1.8. What make you say that I am using Java 11 ?
Regards.

This made me say that:

That said, the Tomcat output that you quoted says you are using Java 8, so that’s probably fine. What does the Tomcat log say? Do you have any error output/exceptions in C:\Program Files\camunda-bpm-tomcat-7.9.0\server\apache-tomcat-9.0.5\logs\catalina.***.out?

Hi,

I have set the JAVA_HOME variable to C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_111
And it works fine ! Thank you Thorben ! This thread is closed.