Task assignment and unclaim events in Cockpit?

We were looking for a way to find the assignment and unclaim events for user tasks in Cockpit, but couldn’t locate one. Is it supported somewhere to see the full audit for user claim actions on a task or is the database/API the only way to find this?

From experience i don’t think it is possible to claim or change the assignments using cockpit. You can do it only through API’s are from tasklist.

Thanks, but that’s not what I’m trying to do. I want to see the actual actions that were performed for a certain user task instance.

Hi @tiesebarrell,

with 7.12 Enterprise edition you can change the assignee in Cockpit in the user task tab on the process instance view. These changes will be listed in the operations log on it’s dashboard.

I don’t know if this is available in the community edition as well.

Hope this helps, Ingo

@tiesebarrell in community edition , you can change the assignee, claim a task but you can’t view the user operation logs. User operation logs can be available only for Enterprise customers.

To quickly verify you can install trial version of Enterprise edition.

Thanks both, but I’m not after changing the assignee. AFAIK, the user operations log only shows the intervention actions you perform in Cockpit. What I would like to see are the entries in the historic identity log table, where users are claiming, releasing, re-assigning, etc by themselves, so the normal usage of the tasks. Is that possible?

Hi @tiesebarrell,

the operation log records all assignments, even those done in the tasklist or via API. I’ve written a blog post about it and how to bypass them: https://blog.camunda.com/post/2019/07/anonymize-task-worker/

Hope this helps, Ingo

Thanks, @Ingo_Richtsmeier. It’s now become clear that it’s our process engine configuration that’s causing them not to show up. We have the default setting for restrictUserOperationLogToAuthenticatedUsers in our process engine configuration, which is true, so there are no entries written for these kinds of actions, resulting in an empty listing.