Start Camunda Process Slowness

Hi ,

I am trying to start a camunda process with variables using the Camunda rest api using a POSt request.

Its working but it takes 1-2 secs, is there a way to get the response time dowm to a few milliseconds.

I am looking at a few performance tuning parameters that can save me some seconds.

Regards
Priyotosh

The easiest way to get a response back as fast as possible is to add an “async after” on the start events

@Niall … I have marked my start event as “async before” . Should I change that to “async after” ??

It’s very, very strange that it would take more than a couple of milliseconds of you’ve added a transaction boundary to the start event. Is there any other potential cause?

@Niall … I was hoping to find the potential cause here. I haven’t found it yet.

But is there a setting to decerease response time when a lot of processes are to be started in parallel. something like a thread pool which I can increase or decrease.??

I have looked at job executer threads , but I think they come into the picture after the process has started. right ?

Regards
Priyotosh

It should take milliseconds without any tuning. And typically it works fine.

Do you have anything between calling endpoint and Camunda? Some load balancers or some security layers?

Hi Alex,

No , we are using an embedded project. We are using spring boot rest templates to call the out of the box camunda rest apis to start the process.

Can the rest templates create a lag here ??

Regards
Priyotosh

Hi Priyotosh,
At the moment it’s hard to say what can be a culprit here. Let me clarify a scenario.

You make a single POST request to Camunda instance to start a process. And it takes 1-2 seconds to get a response?
Can you share the request and BPMN file?

Thanks for these tips!

Its taking a few miliseconds when I test it via postman and its taking 1-2 secs when it happens via our resttemplate call in springboot. Will look into that. Thanks.

1 Like

The rate for a software development service will depend on how much time is required to complete a project and the expertise of the programmer https://mlsdev.com/blog/120-how-to-build-a-good-dating-app. Sometimes, it is fixed, but it’s not uncommon for it to be subject to variation. For example, a software development service may include a fixed price. In other cases, it might be more flexible, but it is important to make sure that you have a contract with the company that outlines its responsibilities in terms of data protection.