Process Instance Migration Events

Hi,

We use camunda as core bpm engine in our digital automation platform and we rely heavily on history events for all activities happening within camunda. We have parse listeners added to emit process and task level life cycle events like process start and end, task create, update, assign, complete etc. and out platform reporting depends heavily on these events being emitted. We are looking for a new MIGRATE event to be emitted when Process instances are migrated from one version to other version.
Is there any Listener that can be added for MIGRATE action in camunda to emit this event?

What’s the usecase for configuring listener on process migration?

Have you tried modeling migration process itself in camunda and configure TaskListener/ExecutionListener according to the need?

Hi Aravind,
Thanks for the Response.

We have default process listener and task listeners added as preparser to process engine plugin, which captures process start/end, task create/update/timeout/claim etc events based on these parse listeners being triggered for every process life cycle and emit those events to AWS kinesis
Reference : camunda-bpm-examples/process-engine-plugin/bpmn-parse-listener at master · camunda/camunda-bpm-examples · GitHub

Have you tried modeling migration process itself in camunda and configure TaskListener/ExecutionListener according to the need?

Yes I have and migration is something that we perform when we do fundamental changes to the original process behavior, skipCustomListeners would skip task and process listeners but thats not what we desire we desire to capture for a process instance what was definition id post migration so our reporting can capture the instance association with new definition id post migration.

Hence I am looking for ways to emit this migrate event similar to task and process life cycle events.
One way I thought we could do is by Adding web filter to abstract resource name /migrate and read body for source and target processdefinitionid to be included in the event.
Let me know if there are any follow up questions.