Problem Deploying WAR

Hi Guys…

I have a process that’s packed as a war file and deployed in tomcat server. However I’d like to include Spring support to it and I’m facing some problems trying to do it using spring boot.

Most of the examples I found seem to consider running the app standalone (starting the container in the main method) but I’d like to keep the same strategy I use now to avoid changes in the infrastructure.

I tried this code for the App bootstrap:

@SpringBootApplication
public class CamundaBpmProcessApplication extends SpringBootServletInitializer { //extends ServletProcessApplication {
    @Override
    protected SpringApplicationBuilder configure(SpringApplicationBuilder application) {
        return application.sources(CamundaBpmProcessApplication.class);
    }
}

But then I’ve got this error:
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanNotOfRequiredTypeException: Bean named 'connectProcessEnginePlugin' is expected to be of type 'org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.cfg.ProcessEnginePlugin' but was actually of type 'org.camunda.connect.plugin.impl.ConnectProcessEnginePlugin'

Hi @fcordova,

could you attach your pom.xml please?

Cheers,
Askar

Sure…

Here it is…

pom.xml (4.6 KB)

Did the file help ?
Any Idea ? :sweat:

Hi @fcordova,

camunda-engine-plugin-connect is declared in a test scope only, are you sure this is normal?

Cheers,
Askar

Hello fcordova, I have the very same issue:

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanNotOfRequiredTypeException: Bean named
‘connectProcessEnginePlugin’ is expected to be of type
‘org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.cfg.ProcessEnginePlugin’ but was actually of type
‘org.camunda.connect.plugin.impl.ConnectProcessEnginePlugin’

Have you manage to solve this? And how?

Hi @dcmarti

By that time I didn’t have much time to try it any further and gave up using spring boot for that project (I have another one but it is a standalone app, not the case I was reporting then and I believe, it’s not your case now).

Sorry…

But let me know if you find something… :slight_smile:

Good luck !

I also have the same issue, did you resolve it.
I have a springboot app and would like to deploy a process as a war/jar,
where do you i put that Jar file in a springboot app,

Please ignore i have found a way of adding it,