Peter, paul, mary login on wildfly

Hi

I have a fresh download of the wildfly server including the invoice example.

I can login as demo/demo, but when I try peter, paul or mary, I get

Login Failed :
Wrong credentials or missing access rights to application

can anyone confirm this?

Jan

Any additional information reported in WildFly’s “server.log” ?

For example, in /opt/wildfly-101/standalone/log (assuming you’re running a “standalone” configuration).

You might need to run the “add-user.sh” (or bat) command.

If you’re using LDAP - then… additional configuration options to review (?)

1 Like

Here’s something more useful.

/core-service=management/access=authorization:write-attribute(name=provider,value=rbac)
In WildFly -> access Control -> you’ll see the message.

It’s been awhile since I set this up in WildFly (set and forget…)

Thanks for your help. There seems to be a general problem with the webapp login when you often change the user a lot (demo). We solved this by using private browser windows for different users, so general login works with the credentials provided on the camunda-welcome page.

Good to hear.
Also, configuring the “management interface” (jboss/wildfly) might have a bug. This is specific to the Wildfly server itself. But, turning RBAC on and then back off again is relatively straightforward.

Just following up regarding Wildfly and RBAC.
– I was setting up some additional access/roles and ran into a potential bug with the CLI interface.

For changes in RBAC, just editing the config (i.e. standalone.xml) works. CLI didn’t work - at least in my context.

Here’s a relevant URL:

See bottom of page for direct config editing, "If the server is off-line the XML configuration"

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/JBoss_Enterprise_Application_Platform/6.2/html/Security_Guide/Enabling_Role-Based_Access_Control.html