Logback authentication ip address

Hi Dear Camunders,

I am currently exploring how to log via logback ldap attempts to log in.
Especially user’s ip addresses.
I am using 7.12.2/tomcat in docker and the engine is using logback exported to json.

Thank you for any recommendation

M.

Hi @Michal_S,

this class is responsible to handle logging messages in the LDAP Plugin: https://github.com/camunda/camunda-bpm-platform/blob/master/engine-plugins/identity-ldap/src/main/java/org/camunda/bpm/identity/impl/ldap/util/LdapPluginLogger.java.

In your IDE you can search for references and have a look if your requirement is covered.

If not, you could subclass the org.camunda.bpm.identity.impl.ldap.LdapIdentityProviderFactory and/or org.camunda.bpm.identity.impl.ldap.LdapIdentityProviderSession and log the information from your class. Your class should be wired in a subclass of org.camunda.bpm.identity.impl.ldap.plugin.LdapIdentityProviderPlugin.

Hope this helps, Ingo

Hi @Ingo_Richtsmeier,

thank you for the suggestion will have a look.

Best regards

Hi @Ingo_Richtsmeier,

using the ldap plugin I have tried to search for anything resembling requestors IP address but I had not luck thus If I understand it correctly I have to write a class which will be wired to subclass as you mentioned which is not exactly what I want to achieve = to have as standardized Camunda as possible.