JS files when updating from Camunda 7.8.0 -> 7.15.0

First off, I am quite new to Camunda so please be gentlešŸ˜Š

I have inherited a relatively complex application that I have been working on for a couple of months now. I wanted to update to the newest versions of everything (spring, Camunda, hibernate etc. ) and have gotten quite far but have been stuck for the last two days when moving to Camunda. I have left the AngularJS code as is and have ā€œjustā€ updated Camunda.

This is the error I am getting:

Form failure: [$injector:unpr] Unknown provider: ArraysProvider ā† Arrays AngularJS

I have the config.js file in the correct spot:

src/main/resources/META-INF/resources/webjars/camunda/app/tasklist/scripts/config.js

I think it is correct as I have a console.log in the custom.js and am getting a message in the console:

console.error(ā€œloading config.jsā€)

If I go back to an older version of Camunda the form works perfectly - I am therefore assuming that I just need to find the correct spot for the custom JS code (and there is a LOT of it - not just the ArrayService):

ā€˜xxx-zcommon-service-arraysā€™: ā€˜ā€¦/ā€¦/ā€¦/ā€¦/ā€¦/zcommon/js/service/ArrayServiceā€™

I have tried to move the code EVERYWHERE but cannot seem to get it to work correctly. Where do I now place the JS code in Camunda 7.15?

Here is the (culled) version of my config.js file:

window.camTasklistConf = {
 'app': {
  name: 'Tasks',
  vendor: 'XXX'
},

// custom libraries and scripts loading and initialization,
// see: http://docs.camunda.org/guides/user-guide/#tasklist-customizing-custom-scripts
customScripts: {

ngDeps: [
  'xxx.zcommon.service.arrays'
],

// RequireJS configuration for a complete configuration documentation see:
// http://requirejs.org/docs/api.html#config
deps: [
  'xxx-zcommon-service-arrays',
],
paths: {
  'xxx-zcommon-service-arrays': '../../../../../zcommon/js/service/ArrayService'
}

}

Thanking you in advance!

Hi @ursus
Welcome to the forum.
I assume youā€™re following the upgrade docs - can you let me know how far you got and at what point the error started to occur?

Hi @Niall

Yes, I did follow the documents (well, I thought I did but you are making me unsurešŸ˜Š). I updated the database one step at a time until I got to version 7.15.0. That seemed to have gone without a hitch. I then jumped directly to 7.15.0 in the POM.XML in the java app. This is where the problems started. I thought this was the correct way to do this - I can login to the Camunda frontend and can start processes that do not have an embedded form. Itā€™s just the embedded forms that are not working.

Well i think things might be a little more complicated since youā€™re moving from from such and old version of camunda. :slight_smile: So - sorry about that.

for each iteration there are some times specific, one-time changes that need to be made to ensure everthing works correctly. for example there is this detail about permission changes in tasklist when moving form 7.8 to 7.9. Iā€™d suggest going through each section in detail and look for any of those one-off changes that you might have missed.
Hope that helps.

Ok, thank you. So you think this might be a permission problem? I will look into the steps again (am only at the customer in 2 weeks though) - where would I need to place any common JS code to be compatible with version 7.15.0? i.e. my config.js is at:

src/main/resources/META-INF/resources/webjars/camunda/app/tasklist/scripts/config.js

where is the correct spot for the common JS that I have?

Actually, that probably isnā€™t likely :slight_smile: I was just using that as an example of some of the one-off changes that you should look out for.

ok, understand.

where would I need to place any common JS code to be compatible with version 7.15.0? i.e. my config.js is at:

where is the correct spot for the common JS that I have?