Error whit first Java/camunda project

Hello, I am trying to create my first camunda (using Java) project. After following a tutorial on youtube, I am always getting the following error with simpleDemo as the name of the project :

01:03:21.337 [main] ERROR org.camunda.bpm.engine.context - ENGINE-16004 Exception while closing command context: no processes deployed with key ‘SimpleDemo’: processDefinition is null
org.camunda.bpm.engine.exception.NullValueException: no processes deployed with key ‘SimpleDemo’: processDefinition is null

Could anyone provide some help please?

Hi @Daaboul
Welcome to the forum.
Can you let us know which tutorial you’re following and at what point does this error occur?

Hello Niall,

Thanks for your fast answer. If I am not mistaking I am following your own tutorial Camunda Tutorial for Java Developers. I followed all the steps but I am still getting an error while trying to run as maven install the project.

This is a git of the project.

Hi @Daaboul,

The process definition key “id” of your process is set to “helloWorld” whereas PROCESS_DEFINITION_KEY constant is set to a different value “SimpleDemo”

Please set both to either “helloWorld” or “SimpleDemo”

1 Like

Hi Hassan,

Thank you, this worked. However I am getting another error which is:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.12.4:test (default-test) on project SimpleDemo: There are test failures.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] Please refer to C:\Users\abdallah.daaboul\Desktop\Camunda\camunda-bpm-tomcat-7.15.0\server\apache-tomcat-9.0.43\webapps\SimpleDemo\target\surefire-reports for the individual test results.
[ERROR] → [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException

More precisely:
Tests in error:
testHappyPath(com.camunda.demo.SimpleDemo.ProcessUnitTest): ENGINE-09008 Exception while instantiating class ‘/SimpleDemo/src/main/java/com/camunda/demo/SimpleDemo/CheckWeatherDelegate.java’: ENGINE-09017 Cannot load class ‘/SimpleDemo/src/main/java/com/camunda/demo/SimpleDemo/CheckWeatherDelegate.java’: /SimpleDemo/src/main/java/com/camunda/demo/SimpleDemo/CheckWeatherDelegate.java

You’ve added the wrong path to the service tasks.
you’ve added the path to the file (which contains /) you actually should be adding the path to the class which should contain a . between each word.
It’s the package name + the class name

1 Like