Enable to localize "Admin" and "Cockpit" references

Hello there! I have already localized my Tasklist with the help of config.js file in app\tasklist folder adding another json file in to locales folder, everything performs as it’s supposed to be exept these 2 links staying English by default, Also I tried to change ‘name’ and ‘vendor’ attribute in config js, but it seems having nothing to do with it.
Is there any chance to customize these links? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Hey @Georgy,

unfortunately, there is no Translate string for the App-switch menu. But feel free to open a Feature Request in our Jira or even contribute a Pull Request!

However, there is a (somewhat hacky) way to replace the Strings using custom CSS. You can add the following to the user-styles.css

.app-switch .dropdown-menu .admin {
    /* Hides the "Admin" text */
    font-size: 0px;
}
.app-switch .dropdown-menu .admin a:before {
    /* Adds your Translation */
    content: "My Admin";
    font-size: 14px;
}

.app-switch .dropdown-menu .cockpit {
    /* Hides the "Cockpit" text */
    font-size: 0px;
}
.app-switch .dropdown-menu .cockpit a:before {
    /* Adds your Translation */
    content: "My Cockpit";
    font-size: 14px;
}

Which will result in this

Hello Martin! Many thanks for the provided solution. I’ve tried this one and now Russian letters are displayed in the way:

Do you have any ideas?

Hey @Georgy,

that might be an encoding problem. Can you post the string you added in the content property so I can try it out?

Oh, it seems like the problem is solved now!
I just changed encoding type of user-styles.css to UTF- 8 BOM
Aslo I’ve got another question related to camunda tasklist customization: there is a built in calendar I would like to customize.

I DId some adjustments with datepickers in my custom embedded forms, but I can’t find the way to customize the datepicker mentioned above.
Maybe you have a propper solution for this? Many thanks for your response!

Hey @Georgy,

We use the Datepickers from UI Bootstrap with some custom CSS. There is not really an easy way to modify them, but you are always free to override the CSS in the user styles.

Cheers
Martin