Deployment-aware CallActivity

Hello everybody,
I am trying to extract a subprocess into a standalone (sub) process. This is necessary because this sub process will be used in several main processes in future.
presets:
Both processes are Springboot-applications. Both processes are sharing the same database. But for legacy reasons, at least the main application is still based on an emptied processes.xml (with a process-engine named “default”) and is partially using a spring-config.xml.

So I moved the subprocess into a standalone bpmn (bb-process) and into a standalone Springboot application.
And in the main process, I defined a call activity (type BPMN, called element is bb-process, binding latest) to use the Sub process.
Now, I just booted the main process (but not the bb-process) and actually expected it to wait at the call activity until the other process application is working. Instead, it obviously grabs the bpmn that it found in the database, (that it did not deploy itself) and is trying to work on it. But the first task delegate is not deployed on this springboot instance, so an incident is thrown.
I thought, defining both process-engines as “deployment-aware” would solve this. But it doesn’t.
Did I understand it wrong or am I possibly missing something in my config?
Any help is appreciated.
Greetings, mkoerner

I think you understood it wrong. “Dependent aware” only controls which engine grabs which job entires from the async job pool. But the engine still sees all models deployed to the DB, even those whose java code is not present in the engine. And tries to execute them if the job boundaries (=async points) are not carefully set.

I forgot to mention. The call activity in main process is defined with Asynchronous before and after (and exclusive) so it should be an isolated Job, or not?

Under these circumstances I’d expect it to work correctly. Sorry, I can’t help you any further, you need a help from a real expert.

Hello fml2,
I really appreciate your answer anyways. Thanks.
Greetings, mkoerner