Could not find container provider SPI that implements org.camunda.bpm.engine.rest.util.container.ContainerSpecifics

I was trying to run the tests in ProcessInstanceRestServiceInteractionTest.java and I got this error and it basically failed to run all tests. What does this mean and how can I fix it?

java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not find container provider SPI that implements org.camunda.bpm.engine.rest.util.container.ContainerSpecifics

at org.camunda.bpm.engine.rest.util.container.TestContainerRule.lookUpContainerSpecifics(TestContainerRule.java:61)
at org.camunda.bpm.engine.rest.util.container.TestContainerRule.apply(TestContainerRule.java:39)
at org.junit.rules.RunRules.applyAll(RunRules.java:26)
at org.junit.rules.RunRules.<init>(RunRules.java:15)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.withClassRules(ParentRunner.java:245)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.classBlock(ParentRunner.java:194)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:362)
at org.junit.runner.JUnitCore.run(JUnitCore.java:137)
at com.intellij.junit4.JUnit4IdeaTestRunner.startRunnerWithArgs(JUnit4IdeaTestRunner.java:68)
at com.intellij.rt.execution.junit.IdeaTestRunner$Repeater.startRunnerWithArgs(IdeaTestRunner.java:47)
at com.intellij.rt.execution.junit.JUnitStarter.prepareStreamsAndStart(JUnitStarter.java:242)
at com.intellij.rt.execution.junit.JUnitStarter.main(JUnitStarter.java:70)

Could you please give us more details about your setup:

• camunda verion
  • db
  • how do you run the tests and so on
1 Like

Thank you for your reply @Yana.

I use the current version which I downloaded form github and imported to Intellij as a maven project. I assume it uses the default h2 database. For running the tests of a specific class only I use the following button where I get the error.

I eventually ran all the tests by running the pom of engine-rest and then I ran the ProcessDefinitionRestServiceInteractionTest.java individually which did not produce any errors.