Camunda Optimize Variable Plugin Problem by raw data

@felix-mueller @Helene
We added a Plugin for reading all variables from Cockpit.
And we have a problem when we select in the drop down menu “raw dataimage
then comes a problem as you see:

But when we select “processInstance” in the drop down menu then the variables are coming and working only the problem appears on “raw data”(Rohdaten).

The variables which we get look like that, example:
helloMyNameIsVariable.actionMap.-52352345634654756756867534

Here is the output in Optimize:
optimize fehler.txt (11.5 KB)

Hi @hahi,

Looks like you found a bug! It appears to me from the log and your variable name that Optimize is attempting to sort the column names for your raw data table, which includes columns for each variable. When column (/variable) names include numbers as well as letters, we try to extract these numbers and then sort according to those, so that eg Variable1 is sorted to come before Variable2. Unfortunately, we assumed that the digits within column names would be Integer, and if your variable names include numbers like 52352345634654756756867534 these are too large to be parsed to Integer.

I have opened a bug ticket for this: OPT-5063
If you would like to be notified of when we resolve the issue I think you have to open a support case, then we can link the issue to the support case and you will get an automatic email notification when the issue is resolved.

In the meantime to circumvent the issue you could consider renaming your variables to not include large numbers. Apologies for the inconvenience!

Cheers,
Helene

@Helene Hi Helen thank you very much we will inform our client about this and we will follow the Jira Bug that you opened. Thank you again! Can you give me some Badge or some gift for my account because of finding the bug :smiley:

1 Like

Haha yes I think you deserve one, especially because the post was well formatted and already included all the information we needed. I don’t have the power to do this but Niall does. @Niall do we have anything that fits here? :smiley:

Sure why not!
You’ve joined a very exclusive club @hahi :bug:

https://forum.camunda.io/badges/109/bug-smasher

Hi @Niall Thank you man! All the best.

Actually the real number is like that below, but I just checked and I see that it is not working too:

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "1225160619426368372"

** at java.base/java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:65) **
this is from the logs
I checked now
@Test
void filtedadwr() {
int i = Integer.parseInt(“1225160619426368372” .trim());

// print out the value after the conversion
   System.out.println("int i = " + i);
}

Is 1225160619426368372 the name or the value of your variable?

The variable would look like that with this size of number which is from the txt file that I uploaded.
“helloMyNameIsVariable.actionMap.-1225160619426368372”

We extract whatever digits we can find in the variableName and try to sort according to this number, so in this case both helloMyNameIsVariable.actionMap.-1225160619426368372 and helloMyNameIsVariable.actionMap.-52352345634654756756867534 would fail (it’ll just fail at whichever one it attempts to parse first).

1 Like

Hi @hahi,

Just fyi, this issue has now been fixed with the latest Optimize release 3.4.0. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Danke @Helene, du bist Nummer 1 :wink: