Camunda in Jboss EAP 7.3

Hello all,

I have a question regarding the roadmap of the support of JBoss EAP 7.3.

In the supported environments for Camunda 7.13 I see

• JBoss EAP 6.4 / 7.0 / 7.1 / 7.2
  • Wildfly Application Server 10.1 / 11.0 / 12.0 / 13.0 / 14.0 / 15.0 / 16.0 / 17.0 / 18.0 / 19.0

Since JBoss EAP 7.3 corresponds to Wildfly Application Server 18.0, I am wondering why it’s not mentioned… Is this intentional and are there risks for the deployment of Camunda in the commercial version of “the same” application server?

Best regards and thanks a lot in advance
André

PS: We’re running the community version.

Hi @awi,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the community :tada:

As far as I know, we don’t proactively support the latest versions of JBoss EAP (as we try to do for Wildfly). We consider adding support upon requests and noticed interest of the users.

(Please keep in mind that we need to make the decision based on technical compatibility to our product and growing list of supported environment that makes things difficult for testing and maintenance. The latter sometimes leads to dropping support of some older versions that people might still use.)

If you like, you could create a ticket (link) so that it’s tracked in our system and more users can share the interest of introducing the support of that version.

(In case of enterprise customers the way to go will be via support ticket.)

I hope that helps you, please let me know in case of some further questions.

Best regards,
Yana

Hello Yana,

Thanks a lot! I can definitely see your reasoning regarding growing environment, it’s the same everywhere. Us as well… :slight_smile:

Based on your feedback I have opened a Feature Request in Jira: https://jira.camunda.com/browse/CAM-12019

Best regards and thanks again
André