Black screen when starting Modeler

Hi,

I am facing an issue in Camunda Modeler that it starts with black screen and cannot do anything. I know that Modeler using Chrome under the hood and actually this issue is related to Google Chrome that it has something wrong with hardware acceleration (GPU).

I copied from an another source the steps to fix this issue under Google Chrome, however I do not know how to fix it under Camunda Modeler.

Fixed the 100% black Google Chrome issue.
Here is what worked for me…

1. Unpin Chrome icon from task bar so it is on the desktop.
  2. Right mouse click on said icon and left click on Properties.
  3. Click on Shortcuts tab
    4A. In Target window, add this exact text: [space]–disable-gpu"
    4B. The end of the text string in the Target window should now read: …chrome.exe" --disable-gpu"
  4. Double click on the desktop icon and Chrome should open correctly. If you want, you may pin this icon to the taskbar.
  5. Left single click on the “Customize” icon in the top right, which is the 3 horizontal lines icon. Select “Settings” from the list.
  6. Select “Show advanced settings…” at the bottom.
  7. Deselect “Use hardware acceleration when available.”

Is there any option (or add --disable-gpu flag somewhere) to disable hardware acceleration under Camunda Modeler?

Thank you,
Rómeó Nagy

Ok, In the mean time I just solved it that can do the same as in Chrome to add --disable-gpu flag (camunda-modeler.exe --disable-gpu) in command line.

So, at least If somebody facing this kind of issue there will be some mark in the forum.

Rómeó Nagy

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing the solution.