Assignee can't see task in Tasklist

I have a simple test process: startEvent > userTask1 assigned to user1 > userTask2 assigned to user2 > endEvent. I started the process in Tasklist, and Cockpit shows Task1 assigned to user1. In Admin > Dashboard > Authorizations > Task, there is an entry for user1 and the resource ID for task1. However, user1 logged into Tasklist sees no assigned task.

I must be missing something obvious but it escapes me. What else should I configure to get user1 to see the task assigned to him? Thanks!

1 Like

Does user1 have a task filter defined that matches the task?

2 Likes

Thorben - Defining a filter did the trick. Thank you very much! That was easy but not obvious. The term “filter” as used in Camunda conveys the inverse of what “filter” means in every other context I’ve ever seen. Normally, “filter” means “specify what to EXCLUDE, otherwise you’ll get everything”. For example, a coffee filter. Or as Merriam-Webster puts it, “software for sorting or blocking access to certain online material”. However, Camunda uses “filter” to mean “specify what to INCLUDE, otherwise you’ll get nothing”. In other words, “select” (to use the SQL term).

This must be what Inigo Montoya felt when Vicini kept saying “Inconceivable!”. Inigo: “You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.”