Java API - Finding process definitions by candidate group

Hi @JanGr,

if you feed the api with a user id, the process engine will take all groups the user is member of and searches for process definitions with a candidateStarterGroup in one of them.

From your comments I assume that you are looking for an API to pass a group name as a parameter? Is this correct?

Hi @Ingo_Richtsmeier

From your comments I assume that you are looking for an API to pass a group name as a parameter? Is this correct?

Yes, that is correct.
I Also need to mention that I do not have this user populated in camunda engine - users are maintained by my spring boot app and the only thing I’m doing around that point is as follow

1. Using candidate group/user in modeler
  2. processEngine.getIdentityService().setAuthentication(userName, groups) for each rest call.

So maybe my issue is that I do not have this user created in camunda engine ?

Hi @JanGr,

yes, the current implmentation assumes that all users and groups are configured in the IdentityService. It doesn’t has to be the Camunda database, as there are other implementions of the IdentityService like LDAP (Identity Service | docs.camunda.org) or Keycloak (GitHub - camunda-community-hub/camunda-platform-7-keycloak: Camunda Keycloak Identity Provider Plugin).

Hope this helps, Ingo