withCandidateGroup and withoutCandidateGroup parameters in Tasks endpoint

Hello,

Could you please explain how these two parameters works in the api, I have tried filtering with both of them the default data that comes with the installation and the results are somehow confusing, if you set withoutCandidateGroup to false or true the result is always an empty set, and if you set withCandidateGroup true or false the set are, either way, the tasks that have candidateGroup, shouldn’t the switch of those parameters be the complement of the opposite value?

Regards

Hi @diedu89,

Setting either of those parameters to false gives the same result as if the parameter is omitted entirely. That means, ?withCandidateGroups=true&withoutCandidateGroups=false is the same as ?withCandidateGroups=true. The results for ?withCandidateGroups=true and ?withoutCandidateGroups=true should be complementary.

Cheers,
Thorben

Hi @thorben

Thanks for the clarification, but could you guys take a look to the behaviour of those parameters, as I mentioned before, whether I set the value to true or false I get the same result, maybe it is checking the presence of the parameter and not the value.

These are the results I get

no parameters -> 6 tasks
?withCandidateGroups=false -> list of 4 tasks
?withCandidateGroups=true -> same 4 tasks
?withoutCandidateGroups=true -> empty
?withoutCandidateGroups=false -> empty
?withCandidateGroups=true&withoutCandidateGroups=false -> empty

Thanks

Sure, I’ll check. Which Camunda version do you use?

Community Edition 7.6.0

Hi @diedu89,

Regarding the flag being active regardless of value, I found that this was fixed with https://app.camunda.com/jira/browse/CAM-7345 so it should behave correctly with the next 7.7.0 alpha release.

Regarding the numbers not adding up: Both flags address unassigned tasks only by default. If you add the parameter includeAssignedTasks=true, then the numbers should add up.

Cheers,
Thorben