Why can't I create Conditional Start Event for Sub-Process?

Coming from first paragraph, it says that

It can be used as start event of an event sub process

But when I try to model it, I don’t see option for Conditional Start Event (only these options are shown).

How is it possible, when clearly docs describe it and it also makes sense to have Conditional Start Event inside Sub-Process. Yes, I could make Intermediate Events, but that’s not what I am looking for.

Hi,

In the modeller, you need to set the type of your subprocess to an event driven subprocess. When you do that, the border will change to a dotted line indicating its an event subprocess and the configuration options available on the start event will be expanded…

regards

Rob

Yes, thanks I see that. But why I can’t set it when I select start event? Well, it should be a start and not an intermediate Event, right? Because that is where my Sub-Process ‘starts’. So, why can’t I select it as I did in our “outer main” Process?

Hi,

It is a start event. I guess the difference is, there are two different subprocess types, inline and external (eg call activity). Within the inline type, there is a specilisation - event driven. A parent process can be started by any of the start event variations. An event driven subprocess can only be started by the event centric start events. In addition, there is another specilisation of interrupting versus non-interrupting subprocesses.

regards

Rob