Where to start for DMN engine ? (docker image)

Good afternoon !
I have the official camunda web apps docker image, with BPMN processes running. I try to add DMN support in order to add decision tables to some of my tasks.
I saw two interesting pages on the doc about that

Configure DMN engine in process engine section

And embedding the DMN engine in User guide

I suppose I must configure first, then I have two methods : Java or XML. I chose XML and it tells me to create a camunda.cfg.xml file. My process engine is already operationnal, so do I have to create it and where ? I had a look on bpm-platform github and there are tons of locations for this kind of file.

I have no idea about how to add the decision table support. Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Hi @pvermeil,

you have a shared engine and want to add DMN to it? If so then the answer is here:

Does that make it a bit more clear?
Askar

Thanks for the link. I just missed that the DMN decision support was already there. I still must figure out how to change process engine config if needed, since with my docker image everything was ready to use and there is no trace of camunda.cfg.xml file.

I should make my own researches for now, thanks again

Hi @pvermeil,

camunda.cfg.xml is a spring configuration of embedded engine, which is not your case as I understand. So it should not exist.

Cheers,
Askar