What is the best way to model navigation in a website

I want to show a process which takes place on a website but also shows navigation information.

For example, signing up for a service and changing profile picture.

Go to www.example.com —> submit signup information —> signup accepted (logged in) —> navagate to www.example.com/profile —> submit profile picture.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Is this supposed to be executable by the BPMN engine?

Currently, I am using the modeler to model current processes but I want to eventually just the BPMN engine to start automating workflows. What are your thoughts?

Can you explain what the website path / navigation has to do with the BPMN?

Can you give a example bpmn?

Are you trying to direct the user to specific pages based on the BPMN

Using BPMN for something it wan’t intended is not a good idea. It’s almost like shooting mosquitoes with canons.

Can you explain what the website path/navigation has to do with the BPMN?

Currently, in the process of updating different pages, the customer or the client must go to different paths. I want to know what to do when different parts of the process are in different places on a web front.

Can you give a example bpmn?

Using BPMN for something it wasn’t intended is not a good idea. It’s almost like shooting mosquitoes with canons.
BPMN is used to model processes, if navigation is part of a process then how is it modeled? This is the question I am looking for an answer to. I am hoping the community can help.

Thanks,
Tim

looks like you are talking about page flow:

See the following first:

TLDR: Page flow is problematic except for a few minor cases it seems.

Example in your case: If i am on the Upload Profile Picture process, how do you model going back to /profile page? How do you have going forward and back in the browser? BPM engine is not designed to solve this problem.

3 Likes

Answered my questions. Thank you.

HI ,
I am new to BPM. Similar process mode I am trying to do for my project .

I have taken the user task form (Eg :Loan approval) and refer the HTML file

1.Is there any way to avoid the approval process in the user task Form field I have refer the HTML page ,it is working fine but it is going for approval one after another since it is a user task.Is there any way to avoid approval process in the user task .
Thanks in advance .
Regards,
Bala