Vector PDF Export

Hi all,

we started using Cawemo to document current processes as a first step to enhance or redesign them later on. For this I am conducting interviews with a process’s stakeholders and model the process afterwards in Cawemo.

In the next step, we plot the process from a vector PDF created on macOS. This large plot is taped to a wall and we discuss what has been modelled with all stakeholders in a larger meeting. This works really well as one can see the whole process at all times. We can write directly onto the plot and make changes while discussing it. Later changes are incorporated into the Cawemo model.

Overall this process works really well for us and keeps all stakeholders involved, with only one minor annoyance: Converting the SVG to a vectorized, non-paginated PDF for plotting. It works on macOS, although a little bit tedious (Export as SVG, open the SVG in Safari and use “Export to PDF…” from the File menu - this creates a PDF with a size that encloses all elements of the diagram). But on Windows there doesn’t seem to be an easy solution to create a similar vectorized PDF from an SVG. If possible, I would like to have a solution without having to install additional software or use a command line tool. Some of the people involved are not very tech savvy …

I’ve seen one mentioning of an PDF export from Cawemo (Message arrows by PDF export in Cawemo), but I can’t seem to find this option. The only export options available to me are PNG, SVG and BPMN 2.0 XML.

Can anybody help me out here?

Thanks in advance
Arno

Hi there!
I’m also looking for the option to export a diagram to PDF. Have you found a way to do it?

No, unfortunately not. Still using macOS for this.