Using Camunda BPM out of the box

Hi,

I would like to use only Camunda BPM and Camunda Modeller without any serious programming.

Camunda Modeller has the ability to include a form in the BPMN file. However, I had some challenges with the form. The challenges are :

1. No ‘File Upload’ support
  2. ‘date’ data-type has a calendar icon in the form, no date picker appear after clicking on this icon
  3. ‘double’ data type is not supported

Is there a way for me to achieve the above items without diving into programming?

Thank you.

@mfaisel you can extend the camunda modeler and you can add custom element templates to support different types and preconfigured activities.

Refer these docs /camunda-modeler/element-templates/ and /docs/element-templates and /camunda-modeler-element-templates

Camunda BPM is a platform intentionally made for developers to serve the Business-IT-Alignment approach.
You can use the modeler without having any programming knowledge to create BPMN models (this requires of course at least a basic understanding of BPMN itself), but when it comes to extending the modeler and to automating your process, you definitely need programming skills.
The built-in UI-generator has only limited capabilities, it is meant more or less to create basic UIs for demo or proof-of-concept scenarios. Usually one would create its own HTML files and reference them in the modeler or even create a separate task-list application.

2 Likes