Use Camunda Standard Forms (from the modeller) and Conditional Non-Interrupting Boundary Events

Hi All,

If I use the standard forms provided with Camunda is it then possible to use a conditional non-interrupting boundary event on a User Task or Sub Process; since the Save Button doesn’t send something back to the process engine? What would be the way to make this work without using external forms?

Cheers, Steven

Hi @stevena,

here is an example how to use the save button to write variables to the engine: https://github.com/camunda-consulting/code/tree/master/snippets/task-form-save-to-engine (instead of the local browser cache).

Another option is to implement a button in the embedded form and wire it to the update variable rest call: https://docs.camunda.org/manual/7.10/reference/rest/process-instance/variables/put-variable/.

Hope this helps, Ingo

1 Like

Thanks, works great!

Hi @Ingo_Richtsmeier,

Please let me ask a question about Saving the current state of a form in Tasklist.
I’ve followed the above GitHub example but without any success in my case.
The only resource that I modified in my project files concerned the html file of my embedded task form.
But I suspect that I have to also modify my pom.xml file. Could you please confirm that ?

Thank you in advance,
Steve

Hi @steftriant,

I havn’t tried the example by myself. But there is no special dependency in the pom.xml for this.

The only changes were made in task-from.html.

Hope this helps, Ingo

1 Like

Hi @Ingo_Richtsmeier and thanks for your feedback :slightly_smiling_face:

Ok, I mentioned that because I’ve followed (in my html task form) exactly as @falko.menge’s html task form example, it’s a bit strange :thinking:

I’m searching for similar posts in Forum at the moment but I can’t find sth useful until now.

If you could give me any hint/suggestion on this, please inform me.
To be honest, I feel desperate, it’s very important for my use case to be able to save temporarily the task forms.

Thanks a lot,
Steve