Is it possible to add to Camunda’s build-in REST API collection one “Universal” REST Service with the abitity to:
- Run selected Process and pass parameters/variables. It can be looks like REST Message/ProcessDefinitionStart, but service doesn’t send response while selected Process executing.
- After finishing Process execution, “Universal” REST Service send response with the list of process variables.
I.e. this “Universal” REST Service return requested data in synchronous mode in the same session.
Why is this service so important ?
- You can close the Gap in REST collection. You don’t need any more to write custom services in java if somebody need to get complex data from different external sources/systems. All you need is to design process in Modeller.
- You can return response with data synchronously as usual.
- You can design any number of services with different Input/Output parameters.
Next step in evolution can be support SOAP/XML standart, may be, only for this “Universal” Service to make all types of integration with external systems.