Unable to run DMN table(s) with simple BPMN proces

Hello everyone,

I would like to start out by saying that I use Camunda for my job as a Business Consultant, my knowledge when it comes to code is limited at best. Therefore I would like to apologize in advance for potentially asking ignorant questions or making rookie mistakes.

I would like to test the executability of a DMN table I made in the Camunda Cockpit. I have watched the tutorial regarding how to do it multiple times and even though I feel like I mirrored all the steps I still don’t seem to get it to work. I’ve managed to deploy both my DMN and BPMN models, set up and claim a task, but when I enter the variables of the DMN tables I keep getting an internal server error.

If I have to guess what is wrong then I would think I either messed up a single setting somewhere or I have set up postman wrong (I followed the camunda postman tutorial on youtube as well but that was only geared towards BPMN so I might have missed some key steps for DMN). Is there anyone that could look at this by chance? I think the problem is really easy to fix for someone who is a little more proficient in this domain and you would help me out big time.

These are the files:
VergunningBPMN.bpmn (4.0 KB) VergunningDMN.dmn (20.1 KB)

are you adding all the variables required by the DMN table?
Also you can find more details about the problem if you take a look at the logs.

Hi @Kas_Brooijmans,

to make it easier to fill in the required values, you can provide a generated form in the first user task. https://docs.camunda.org/manual/7.12/user-guide/task-forms/#generated-task-forms

It’s quite easy in the modeler filling out the form fields in the forms tab.

Hope this helps, Ingo

Thank you both for lending a little bit of your time. The tip to add in a generated form was really helpfull as it saves me having to add in the variables manually from now on. However I fear that my problem still persists. @Niall, I’m very confident I used all the required variables. My DMN originates from a decision tree, where one variable can already determine the outcome. Regarding the logs, this might be me being blind but I cant seem to find any form of log in the webapp.