Unable to find localhost Camunda Welcome Page

Hi There!

I am unable to run Camunda Cockpit. Tomcat is up and running, also Java 1.8 is installed and running. Please advice if I am missing anything.

Your help is much appreciated!

Many thanks and regards,

Asif

Did you download the regular tomcat distro from the website?

Yes @Niall I downloaded but it is giving the following same error:

HTTP Status 404 – Not Found

Type Status Report

Message The requested resource [/camunda-welcome/index.html] is not available

Description The origin server did not find a current representation for the target resource or is not willing to disclose that one exists.

Apache Tomcat/7.0.108

Are there any errors in the logs when you startup the engine?
Is it possible that you’re already running a tomcat instance on port 8080 before you startup Camunda?

@Niall can’t figure out, you are the expert.

There might be an error in the log. you can find it here:
<root directory>\server\apache-tomcat-9.0.36\logs\

The most recent Catalina log in there should show if something has gone wrong

@Niall here is the latest catalina log.

catalina.2021-03-12.log (49.2 KB)

It seems that it’s as i suspected - you’re already running something on port 8080 - as the log suggests.

Mar 12, 2021 2:10:32 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService initInternal
SEVERE: Failed to initialize connector [Connector[HTTP/1.1-8080]]
org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Protocol handler initialization failed

You can either try to find out what is running on port 8080 and shut it down or change the port that camunda starts up tomcat on. This can show you how to change the port.

@Niall I changed the port and tried to find out what’s running on 8080 but couldn’t find anything. Again changed back to 8080 and found nothing running except Tomcat 7:

Tomcat7.exe 2200 TCP Dell-PC 8080 Dell-PC 0 LISTENING

My Camunda Modeler and Camunder Cockpit folders are different.

@Niall may be I will try to take the hard part by getting it started with Spingboot as I am not a programmer but running Camunda Cockpit demands that I should also try this part. Please advice!

I would actually suggest using Camunda Run - it’ll be easier than using spring boot and probably easier than tomcat as well.

Many thanks @Niall, trying and will share the results.

@Niall still not getting any luck. Also tried the Camunda Run, I don’t know what I am doing wrong.

@Niall finally through Springboot route by following your easy step-by-step tutorial Get Started With Camunda and Spring boot - YouTube

Thank you @Niall for your support!

1 Like