Unable to deploy: Forbidden / 403

I am receiving a Forbidden response when attempting to deploy certain models to the process engine. Does this indicate a problem in the model? I thought that previously I received a more specific error if there were a problem with the model. I am able to deploy other models. I don’t see any errors in the Camunda logs.

@Bill_Powell can you provide the model which was not able to deploy?

Hi @Bill_Powell,

if you have enabled authorization in the engine configuration, you have to add a user to your request, that is allowed to deploy the model.

Which tool do you use to deploy the model?

Hope this helps, Ingo

I was trying to deploy via the Modeler and through Postman. One of the models that was getting a 403 actually had an error and now it deploys. The other one still does not. I have tried the bpmnlint and the linting plugin to the modeler and have no errors. Model is attached - it’s somewhat complex. Titan Limited Property Report Originations.bpmn (74.6 KB)

Hi @Bill_Powell,

did you deploy both process models to the same process engine? How are they set up and which platform do you use?

Usually you will see 403 errors if you are not authorized to access the resource.This happens if you send an unauthenticed request to this server, too.

I could deploy your process model successfully to a Spring boot engine with authorization disabled.

Hope this helps, Ingo

1 Like

Thanks Ingo. I tried again and finally got a meaningful error in return. One of the message names was already deployed to another workflow. My devOps engineer thinks it might have been an issue with the AWS WAF. We have Camunda deployed to a docker container in AWS ECS. Thanks.