Timestamp error with SQL Server DB Backend

Hello Community,
we are currently running Camunda 7.11 with SQL Server 2017 as a database backend. Everything works smoothly, just one annoying issue remains: when a new task is created, the create time is changed exactly 2 days backwards everytime you click (update) the specific task.

It seems like the read and update SQL queries for the table ACT_RU_TASK have an issue with the attribute create_time_. Initially the create time is correct- however, the first read query already contains an error since the task list shows directly (“created 2 days ago”).

Is there a way to check/update the corresponding query? It would be great if someone could solve this issue.

Thanks,
Stefan

Hi @stschoenig,

you can increase the log level of the engine. With the help of this logging category: org.camunda.bpm.engine.impl.persistence.entity, setting it to finest, you can follow all sql-statements with parameters and results in the engine logs.

Hope this helps, Ingo

HI Ingo,

thanks for your qick reply. I followed your suggestion and can see the queries in the log. Still, I don’Ät know where these 2 days come from. I actually don’t know how to continue at this stage.

Cheers,
Stefan

Hi @stschoenig,

maybe you could explain more detailed what you have found already and what to do to reproduce it.

As you use 7.11, which is still in alpha stage, it may be the case that you found a known issue.

Cheers, Ingo

Hi @stschoenig
We have faced excatly the same issue with SQL Server 2012 and camunda 7.10
And the solution was to change any datetime2 column’s type to datetime.

Edited:

Hi @hassang,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. It works :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Stefan

Hi @stschoenig
It seems … it is related to the JDBC driver

See below post…
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11296606/dates-consistently-two-days-off/11452599#11452599