Timers doesnt work after server restart

Hi,

The timers doesn’t work after camunda server restart. They work perfectly fine after deleting and redeploying the model. This approach wont be feasible in production since that would mean to delete all running instances and redeploy model again.

kindly guide me where could the problem be.
Note: I have enabled the variable suggested here: Timers not firing after server restart. But still timers dint work after restart

Attached is my Model
ApprovalTeamResponse.bpmn (26.7 KB)

Hi,

How did you deploy your model, was it via the modeller or via the REST API?

If the engine is configured to be deployment aware, then on restart, those models deployed via the REST API or modeller will not be recognised as deployed in that engine instance.

This document section talks to deployment aware.

Camunda behaviours are fine in production, however you need to understand the architecture required of your particular architecture and the associated behaviours…

regards

Rob

1 Like

How did you deploy your model, was it via the modeller or via the REST API?
–> Models are deployed via Modeler and calls to external tasks are done via Rest API

If the engine is configured to be deployment aware, then on restart, those models deployed via the REST API or modeller will not be recognised as deployed in that engine instance.
–> I tried both with and without deployment aware flag, in both cases if server restarts, new external and user tasks works fine but already stuck tasks do not continue. Timers do not work unless redeployed. After restart the instances that were active before restart stay there(as seen on Admin Portal) but API calls do not seem to pick them. Everything including timers work fine once running instances are killed and we redeploy our models again

About Architecture:
Camunda server is deployed on only one node, its not heterogeneous or in cluster

Hi,

ARe there any incidents visible in cockpit? If a process has an incident after a timer, the engine may roolback to the timer so it appears the time is not working…

regards

Rob