Timer Event - How to model?

13%20PM

The above is the model that i am trying to configure.

The expectation

1. The First task is assigned to the user, on process start
  2. The Time is started and after configured duration - say 1 minute ( for ease of testing, in real life this would be 6 hours or so), if he the user does not complete the task,
    3, The execution should take the timerEvent path,

Actual

1. The First task is assigned to the user, on process start
  2. The Time is started and after configured duration - say 1 minute ( for ease of testing, in real life this would be 6 hours or so), if he the user does not complete the task,
    3, The execution takes timerEvent path
  3. The Second task is also assigned to the user.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Kamesh

Any help is appreciated.

You’re using a non-interrupting timer - which would create a new token what would go to the timer task. This would not stop the FirstTask from being completed. If you want to stop the FirstTask after the timer has fired use an interrupting timer event.

Thanks Niall. ( I do like your videos…)

I did try using the Interrupting Timer Event, in that case, the execution does not flow through to the Timertask but stops at the User task itself. Here is the screenshot from cockpit for the same.

35%20PM

what am i missing?

Can you upload your model and also give some details about the error that is being thrown?

(very glad you like the videos :slight_smile: )

Super, On looking at the error, there was an output variable not found error, I removed the output variable and the execution now goes to timer task alone.

38%20PM

Thanks for helping me resolve this.

Thanks
Kamesh

1 Like