Termination of BPMN Process from CMMN

Hi,

I am trying to solve elegantly an adhoc situation when a user wants to terminate process.
It would be potentionaly possible to have a parallel gateway at the begning of process and have a form which would be accessible all the time for termination but I dont think this is the right solution.
I am looking for a hint how to terminate BPMN process from CMMN which is I beleive currently only option for ad hoc situations.

Many thanks,

Michal

Hi Michal,

What is your motivation to model this aspect? There are APIs to cancel process instances that you can expose to your user.

Cheers,
Thorben

Hi thorben,

My process starts with a process task which might take 24h hours till it complets, during this phase a user needs to have an option to cancel whole process instance.
The termination of process instance might occure even after the initial 24h process task so I was thinking how to have an adhoc or optional possibility to terminate process instance (perhaps with possiblity to add additional tasks not only termination), the best scenario I found was to implement CMMN as ADHOC solution for termination because Camunda BPMN enegine do not support adhoc. But I am not sure whether it would be possible to implement.

I am aware of API to cancel process instance but I did want to have it in model.

Thanks for any advice.

Michal

Hi
What about an interrupting event sub process. Hence just inject a message event to trigger and thus end the main process.

Regards
Rob

Interesting idea, will assess and in case I forget to answer it is the right solution :).

Thanks
Michal