Synchronous rest-call for process-execution

I’m able to sucessfully run a process by calling /process-definition/key/myprocess/start
Unfortunatly (for my usecase) the rest-call immediatly returns and runs the process asynchronously.

Now in my usecase the user process a case from start to finish on the same form and the steps in the process do not take a long time to end, so what I’d like to have is a synchronous rest-call, which returns the next manual usertask. I see that I could do that with polling but polling… well, is not the best practice…

Is there a way to call this REST-method synchronously (wait until the process reaches the next manual task)?

Thank you for your support!
Peter

Hi @Peter_Widmer,

at the moment there is no such REST call implemented, you could implement a “push” call in your process though that will trigger specific endpoint once user task reached.

Does that help you?
Askar

We have a mobile application wich will call an user task to input some data and complete it. Then the process will go through some other service tasks wich will validate this input. Then the process may stop at “Wait for user data” (recursive flow) user task again coz it need more data, or it can go to another user task such as “Accept terms of service”.

Whats the recomended way to make my mobile application input those data variables, complete the “wait for user data” and then get the new task? how to wait til the process stop in the next user task, and know if it is “wait for user data” or “accept terms of service”?

We have conversational system where user input his/her query, it is fed as input to user task but after the user’s input it takes atleast 30-40 s to reach user task through poll. is there a synchronous process execution where upon user’s input user task is invoked?