Stop only the faulty process instance in sequential multi instance process

Hi Team,

I have a scenario where I have a sequential multi instance process. Lets say process A and B are the two process getting executed inside multi instance. My requirement is like, if any of the service task inside the multi instance sub process fails during the execution of process A then process A should rollback to the last saved point and retry should be made possible. This should not affect process B and process B should continue. The execution should come out of the multi instance loop only if the faulty process instance A is retried/resolved. How can i achieve the above on sequential multi instance sub process. Attaching the parent and child bpmn

Thanks & Regards
Nithin

Hi @nithindavis,

if you mark the service tasks in the subprocess with async before, the subprocess with create an incident in the Cockpit and the execution of both (super- and subprocess) will pause, until you resolve the incident and retry the failed service.

The second process instance of the subprocess is not influenced, as it will be started once the first ist completed. They are running sequentially.

Hope this helps, Ingo

1 Like

@Ingo_Richtsmeier thanks for the reply

yes, the service tasks inside sub process are marked as async before.

what I should have mentioned earlier is that in sequential multi instance when process A is failed we are creating an incident by throwing a runtime exception and it causes the instance to rollback to last saved point and entire flow stops executing. Is there any way I can rollback only process A to last saved point at the same time process B should continue. We have achieved it by changing the multi instance to parallel, but my requirement is to have the above mentioned on a sequential multi instance.

Hi @nithindavis,

Not with a sequential multi instance.

Thats the only option.

Hope this helps, Ingo