Spring Boot 2.0.2 / Camunda 7.9 - No Such method SessionFactoryImplementor.getProperties()

I am migrating an application from Spring Boot Starter 2.3.0/camunda 7.8.5 to 3.0.0/7.9.1

I get the following stacktrace, which seems to indicate that I have a hibernate version conflict (method present in one version, missing in another). However a dependency analysis shows that only 5.2.17 is used (which is the matching hibernate version for the 2.0.2.RELEASE starter that I also use and that was used to release the camunda-starter 3.0.0).

Anyone saw st. like this before?

org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'org.camunda.bpm.spring.boot.starter.CamundaBpmAutoConfiguration$ProcessEngineConfigurationImplDependingConfiguration': Unsatisfied dependency expressed through field 'processEngineConfigurationImpl'; 
 nested exception is
 org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'processEngineConfigurationImpl' defined in class path resource [org/camunda/bpm/spring/boot/starter/CamundaBpmConfiguration.class]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through method 'processEngineConfigurationImpl' parameter 0;
  nested exception is
 org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'camundaDatasourceConfiguration': Unsatisfied dependency expressed through field 'transactionManager'; 
  nested exception is
 org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'transactionManager' defined in class path resource [org/springframework/boot/autoconfigure/orm/jpa/HibernateJpaConfiguration.class]: Initialization of bean failed; 
  nested exception is
 org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'entityManagerFactory' defined in class path resource [org/springframework/boot/autoconfigure/orm/jpa/HibernateJpaConfiguration.class]: Invocation of init method failed;
   nested exception is
 java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.hibernate.engine.spi.SessionFactoryImplementor.getProperties()Ljava/util/Properties;

Sorted it out. It was completely unrelated to Camunda, the stacktrace led us into a wrong direction.

In the end it was an old version of org.jadira.usertype, which was incompatible with Hibernate > 5.2.

1 Like