Shared process engine - factory-bean processEngine returned null

I am trying to configure shared process engine for my new application running in Tomcat. The engine is started with bpm-platform.xml file placed in Tomcat conf folder.

The engine is starting successfully and I am able to see the below message in logs:

Camunda BPM platform sucessfully started at ‘Apache Tomcat/8.0.24’.

My application is configured as a multi module spring project and test-ws-bpm is the camunda module. This module is packaged as a jar and this jar is there in my application war.

Within test-ws-bpm, I have META-INF/processes.xml and conf/spring/bpmContext.xml files under src/main/resources.

When bpmContext.xml is loaded, I am getting the below error:

15-Jun-2017 16:20:35.908 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1] org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext Context initialization faile> d
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘repositoryService’ defined in URL [jar:file:/C:/Incomm/spring-3.8/pivotal-tc-server-developer-3.2.2.RELEASE/test-instance/wtpwebapps/test-ws-api/WEB-INF/lib/test-ws-bpm-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar!/conf/spring/bpmContext.xml]: factory-bean ‘processEngine’ (or a BeanPostProcessor involved) returned null

bpmContext.xml (1.6 KB)
bpm-platform.xml (3.4 KB)
processes.xml (473 Bytes)

Can anyone please help me on this?

Does your application contain the camunda-engine library?

Yes, I added these dependencies
pom.xml (579 Bytes)

@anigeorge were you able to resolve this issue.I am facing same issue.