Setting context path or Maven <warName> leads to ENGINE-08043 error

Hi,
I’m using camunda in Eclipse IDE. In gernal the set up is fine and the engine is runnig but I dont’t want to have my app available under the artifact ID like /abc.myapp.cam/ - I want to have it under /myapp/.

I configured maven build like this in pom.xml:

<build>
		<plugins>
			<plugin>
				<groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
				<artifactId>maven-war-plugin</artifactId>
				<version>2.3</version>
				<configuration>
					<warName>myApp</warName>
					<failOnMissingWebXml>false</failOnMissingWebXml>
				</configuration>
			</plugin>
		</plugins>
	</build>

The build looks fine. But when I start the server it shows an:

SCHWERWIEGEND: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class de.materna.dzf.rechenkern.RechenkernApplication
org.camunda.bpm.engine.ProcessEngineException: ENGINE-08043 Exception while performing 'Deployment of Process Application ...' => 'Start Process Application Service': Cannot register service org.camunda.bpm.platform.job-executor.process-application:type=... with MBeans Container, service with same name already registered.
	at org.camunda.bpm.container.impl.ContainerIntegrationLogger.exceptionWhilePerformingOperationStep(ContainerIntegrationLogger.java:312)
	at org.camunda.bpm.container.impl.spi.DeploymentOperation.execute(DeploymentOperation.java:132)
	at org.camunda.bpm.container.impl.jmx.MBeanServiceContainer.executeDeploymentOperation(MBeanServiceContainer.java:156)
	at org.camunda.bpm.container.impl.spi.DeploymentOperation$DeploymentOperationBuilder.execute(DeploymentOperation.java:212)
	at org.camunda.bpm.container.impl.RuntimeContainerDelegateImpl.deployProcessApplication(RuntimeContainerDelegateImpl.java:95)
	at org.camunda.bpm.application.AbstractProcessApplication.deploy(AbstractProcessApplication.java:59)
	at org.camunda.bpm.application.impl.ServletProcessApplication.contextInitialized(ServletProcessApplication.java:131)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4727)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5167)
	at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:725)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:701)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:717)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.java:1101)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployDirectory.run(HostConfig.java:1786)
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: org.camunda.bpm.engine.ProcessEngineException: Cannot register service org.camunda.bpm.platform.job-executor.process-application:type=Rechenkern with MBeans Container, service with same name already registered.
	at org.camunda.bpm.container.impl.jmx.MBeanServiceContainer.startService(MBeanServiceContainer.java:68)
	at org.camunda.bpm.container.impl.jmx.MBeanServiceContainer.startService(MBeanServiceContainer.java:59)
	at org.camunda.bpm.container.impl.deployment.StartProcessApplicationServiceStep.performOperationStep(StartProcessApplicationServiceStep.java:67)
	at org.camunda.bpm.container.impl.spi.DeploymentOperation.execute(DeploymentOperation.java:116)
	... 18 more

It also happens when I build it “normal” an then change the server.xml of Tomcat like this:

<Context docBase="..." path="/myApp" reloadable="true" source="..."/>

Any hints what may causes this problem and how to fix it?

kind regards
Lars

My guess is that you already have a process with the “name” (key) of the process you are trying to deploy. Because you’re using a different war file name, Tomcat (I use WildFly) and Camunda probably think it’s a different process. However, the name of the war file does not mean the process is named differently.

Simply put, you can replace an existing process definition with a war file of the same name, but if you attempt to replace it (even inadvertently) with a war file of a different name, it will fail.

Be sure that the name of the process (which is actually called the “key”) is not present on your Camunda server.

Nope.
I tried to remove all deployments and with a totally clean database. Same error.

It is related to some configuration which is may missing in eclipse set up, but I can’t find the problem.

Lars