Send Task not working in eclipse(Maven)

I’m quite new to camunda and have been using it mainly with the Eclipse(Maven) IDE. And In my learning process I have been able to make a few successful processes but unfortunately now I face a problem.

I’m able to create .war files and deploy them to camunda but if I add a send or receive task(or send start event or send end event) it becomes impossible for me to build my project an thus I’m unable to create any processes that involve the sending of messages.

Any Help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

You need to upload your process and explain exactly what kind of error you’re getting.

Hello Niall,

Thanks alot for all the tutorial videos they are awesome and have been very helpful.

Below is the error message which only occours when I use a send task or message start event.(I have also included my bpmn model)

indent preformatted text by 4 spaces   

Business Dev’t report process engine test.bpmn (28.0 KB)

Tests run: 5, Failures: 0, Errors: 5, Skipped: 0

[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 48.285 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2019-01-19T23:48:54+01:00
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.12.4:test (default-test) on project BusinessRep: There are test failures.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] Please refer to C:\Users\Sah Versheri\eclipse-workspace\BusinessRep\target\surefire-reports for the individual test results.
[ERROR] → [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] MojoFailureException - Apache Maven - Apache Software Foundation

You’re send event needs some kind of implementation (usually people use a Java Class) unlike a receive message, you need to implement the send logic.

I’m also very happy you’ve found the tutorial videos useful. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks alot Niall that solved my problem