Scope of local variable of Multi instance task

I have a multi instance task that iterate over a collection of file. In multi instance task I have a decision table that return the evaluated properties of each file (return variable: resultList of property that named properties). Now my question is in each instance of task is there a properties variable of current file? If no how can I have use decision table in multi instance task?

Hi @Mohammad_Mahdavi,

have a look at this post: Pattern Review: DMN Looping for Array Input

Hope this helps, Ingo

Thanks. In This post the result of DMN used in other activity. In my example I have a parallel multi instance activity that just used in current instance. I have problem in above scenario. The property of file 2 set for file 1 and 2 in random behavior. I think That the scope of variable that defined in multi instance activity is global in process. So when DMN evaluated the property of file 1 and set it in properties variable the the property of file 2 set again in properties variable. Then The java activity set the value of properties variable as property of file 1 and 2.
In above scenario I think the scope of properties variable bounded to multi instance variable and each file 1 and file 2 has own properties variable.

Hi @Mohammad_Mahdavi ! I have the same question with my DMN inside a multi-task instance. Did you managed to solve this issue or found some woraround to use DMN result for each instance scope? Thanks for your help!

I my case I have an async task after dmn evaluation. This async task cause to manipulation of result variable. In my solution I use a sync task after dmn to assign result to proper file. May be Camunda input output work as assigner task.

1 Like