Retrieve comments of all the user tasks

Hello.

1)Is there any way to retrieve (apart from using REST api) the comments entered in the tasklist for all the user tasks ?

2)Also the documentations mentions that the comments can be added for other Tasklist users to see. But once i submit the task the comments are no where to be seen. Were can these comments of a particular user task be viewed by the other users?

Thank you.

-vsb

Hi vsb,

if you want to use the Java API you can retrieve all comments for a process instance via TaskService#getProcessInstanceComments(String)
or all comments for a task via TaskService#getTaskComments(String). See the JavaDoc of the TaskService for more information.

Please have a look in the Task History Tab, this tab should contain all comments of a task.

Greets,
Chris

Thank you Zelldon for the quick response. Will try out the task service methods. However, after completing a particular user task, the comments are still not visible in the history tab to the other users. Any idea
why is that?

Regards,
vsb

Hey vsb,

do you talking about the Invoice example?

In the invoice example you can complete a task and assign a reviewer.

I think it is a bit confusing for the user, but if you complete this task and assign a reviewer then the current task will be completed (with the previous added comment) and a new task is created, which needs to be completed by the reviewer.
So the new task does not contain the previous added comments.

Makes this sense for you?

Greets,
Chris

Hello @Zelldon

Is there a place on Tasklist or Cockpit where all of the process instance comments can be viewed in similar fashion to how the task comments can be viewed on the History tab?

Sorry for the late response @Zelldon. I am afraid i wasn’t talking about the invoice example. I was hoping that the users of the subsequent user task would be able to view the comments entered by the users of the preceding user task.
So the comments are only visible to the user who entered the comments.

Hello @vsb

Have you solved this requirement?
I have a similar requirement as it’s very useful for collaboration among participants.

Thanks for any guidance in this regard.