Remove 'app' from URL

Hi,

The operations guy in my company (no, unfortunately I’m not devops :blush:) is asking me if it is possible to remove the /app/ from the camunda web app. Now we have ‘/app/tasklist’ , ‘/app/cockpit’ and ‘/app/admin’.

I had a quick look at it and I think it is not an option but I just wanted to hear it from you guys.

Regards,
Nico

Hi Nico,

it is not an option :wink:

The reason is, that there are other resources in the root directory besides /app/. There is also /api/ for plugin backends, /lib/ for shared third party dependencies and bootstrapping tools and /plugin/ for the plugin frontend sources. The webapps rely on this structure.

If you really want to do this, you could go through the source code and find the places where the /app/ directory is referenced and change them accordingly and then rebuild the webapps with these changes. Good starting points would be the index.html of the respective webapp as well as the cam-*-ui.js and cam-*-bootstrap.js files in the scripts directory.

Cheers
Sebastian

1 Like

Hi Sebastian,

Thank you for your response. Like you said, I’ve checked the indexes and cam-ui scripts but it just does not seem like a good idea to try :stuck_out_tongue:

Kind regards.

Hi sebastian, nice answer. By any chance can you look into a similar problem here please. would love to hear your advice. Thanks.

https://forum.camunda.io/t/redirect-localhost-8080-to-customize-url/