Query Filters that include Expression Language via Rest

Dear community,

I have created as admin a filter in the tasklist according to the guide Filters | docs.camunda.org

The filter’s criteria is set as following:

Candidate Groups ${ currentUserGroups() }

When I login in the camunda tasklist I see the filter and the filter shows correctly all task where my group is in the process model in the canditate groups. This works as expected.

However, I am implementing my own custom tasklist and hence I am using the rest endpoints. Now I get all my filters using /filter rest endpoint.

Then I get a list of all filters including the described filter above. I take the id of that filter and want to get the tasks. Then, I get an error:

If I am using Candidate Groups with a hard coded group in the filter like “MANAGEMENT”, it works via REST.

I have found the following:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/camunda-bpm-users/xk3utUlZvew
The first answer says that the exception occurs when the candidate group list is empty. However, this list in not empty and works in the camunda tasklis.

I am using for authentication the same user both in the camunda tasklist and the rest service.

So what I am guessing is that those filters with the epxression language criteria don’t work via rest.

Is my assumption right?

I appreciate any help and support.

Thanks in advance.