Propagate timer-event through parent processes

Hi guys!
I am new to Camunda and have a doubt.
Suppose I have the following parent process which has subprocesses A, B and C.
And in SubprocessA I have a 2nd task A in which I would like to start a 24 hours timer that should only be triggered if subprocesses A and B are not completed in 24 hours.
In that case, the timer should be triggered and end the whole workflow, alternatively the workflow should follow the normal sequence.
I think the way I have designed the timer is only considered in 2nd task A, but I do not know how to consider it as well in 3rd task A and in the whole SubProcess B, instructing to cancel this timer in the end of Subprocess B.

Can you please let me know how may I achieve this?

Should I be using conditional events instead of timers (eg. triggering a non-interrupting conditional boundary event in SubTaskA to start a timer and have a process with a conditional start event to interrupt the process? Even like that I would still need to disable this at the and of SubprocessB)

Here is an example of this BPMN (for simplifying the reading, I included subprocesses A, B and C in a single BPMN file together with the parent process, but they will have individual bpmn files.

example.bpmn (11.7 KB)

Thanks in advance!

From what I understand, you’d like to trigger the timer if both sub process A and B are not completed in the timer’s period. The problem you have with synchronising is a scoping issue, I think. To me it sounds like you need another, parent subprocess to both A and B. The timer can be on the boundary of that one, so that if not both are completed before the timer’s period expires, it gets triggered and you can do the non-interrupting action. Wouldn’t that work?