Process instance migration tool

Hi, everyone.

I’m trying to find a way to solve the problem of automatic process instance migration.
But I faced a problem, how to execute migrations automatically after deployment but only once on each environment.

Actually, it’s exactly how DB migrations tools work (f.e. liquibase or flyway), so I was thinking about using one of them for this purpose. Liquibase has CustomTaskChange and flyway has BaseJavaMigration to execute java code. But looks like they execute migrations at the stage when the camunda engine is not initialized yet. So maybe it’s not the best solution for this case.

I was wondering if someone already tried to solve this problem and maybe there are some existing solutions for this problem.

@thedenische have you tried built-in migration API of camunda?

Hi @thedenische,

here is one example for migrate-on-deployment: camunda-bpm-examples/migration/migrate-on-deployment at master · camunda/camunda-bpm-examples · GitHub

Hope this helps, Ingo

Yes, I was thinking exactly about camundas migration api

It’s a good example, but there is only one migration plan with mapEqualActivities() that is executed every time after deplyment. And I’d like to have the possibility to define different migrations for different process versions and execute them only once on each environment.