Process getting stuck at Parallel Gateway

Hi all,

I have two tasks which are triggered by a message start event and their output signals are connected to a parallel gateway. My process is getting stuck even if i process those two signals. I have tried various combinations, even if both the signals return true, the signal wont proceed further.

Please suggest a solution for the same.

@vinhard55,

you can read more about parallel gateways here https://docs.camunda.org/manual/7.5/reference/bpmn20/gateways/parallel-gateway/

since both message events are start events, any of them is creating a new instance of a process, which is then waiting in parallel gateway forever, since second event is never triggered for same process instance.

I would suggest you eiter use one process instance started and waiting for those messages, or two separate processes which execute common logic through call activity.

Cheers,
Askar

2 Likes

To learn more about modelling BPMN (independent of Camunda BPM), have a look at our BPMN tutorial and BPMN reference.

Cheers,
Thorben

Hi, I have similar problem but all trasition came to parallel gateway and the process is stuck .
Thank you for any advice

AccountProvisioning.bpmn (14.9 KB)

@zetor I would recommend this blog: The Job Executor: What Is Going on in My Process Engine? - Camunda

I’ve created similar example. Deploy this bpmn file and test: CallActivityTestProcess.bpmn (29.3 KB)

Thanks for response.