Problem with Authorization

Hi guys,

Im trying to complete a task using REST.

myURL/engine/default/task/19df5787-2c07-11e7-af74-0050569c781d/complete

I am getting the following error:

The user with id 'test123' does not have one of the following permissions: 'UPDATE' permission on resource '88be9db0-2c0d-11e7-af74-0050569c781d' of type 'Task' or 'UPDATE_TASK' permission on resource 'carrierQualificationProcess' of type 'ProcessDefinition

User test123 has permission for resource_id 19df5787-2c07-11e7-af74-0050569c781d.
The resource_id of exception (88be9db0-2c0d-11e7-af74-0050569c781d) does not exist at all.
This is very strange. What kind of resource_id does exception mean?

Best regards,

Markus

Camunda has an internal authorization system that is maintained within the “admin” section of the Camunda console. If you go to the Admin page and click on “Authorizations”, you will get some clues as to which resources can be secured.

In your case it appears that you have not authorized that user to modify either that particular process definition or process definitions in general.

Check this documentation for more details: https://docs.camunda.org/manual/7.6/user-guide/process-engine/authorization-service/

Hi,

i found problem.

I have Task A with authorization for User A.
I have Task B with NO Authorization for User A.

Task B is created when Task A is completed,
Task A is completed from User A.
Task B hast a registered taskListener which updates task Local variable.
Because this is done in same transaction as complete operation the authorization frameworks triggers an error because User A does not have authorization to update Task B (which in fact is task local variable update of task listener in create event).